Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 11: Running ... in the morning again!

Yes indeedy folks, I went to bed so early last night I woke up really early and didn't know what to do with myself.  In the end I decided there was only one thing to do and that was to get the peeps out of bed and go for todays run ... fair to say I had to bribe the kids, lucky Tiong Bahru Bakery for breakfast is a family favourite!

Given the peeps were running their own 5K apps (see this post if you want to check out the apps they are using) with me today I decided doing a circuit around the local park was the best idea.  We all run at different speeds and crossing multiple roads probably wasn't the best idea if I wanted to be able to run without worrying about their safety.  The local park is a block on its own so its long enough not to be boring while we are still running short distances. 

Ready for her run!
I was so busy listening to music today that Ned told me I was halfway before I even realised how far I had gone.  It made me realise how much music and running go hand-in-hand for me and I am so pleased I am over my mental block about using headphones while running!  I am sure most people have their favourite songs that make you feel happy, alive, or have great memories attached to them that make you wanna get up and get jiggy ... I know I do and lots of them are on my running playlist!  For me music plays a crucial role in making me feel good while I'm out exercising and I think its the distraction of upbeat music that makes the cycles go so fast.


Until I reach a level of fitness where running becomes enjoyable on its own merit, music is going to be my savior from being tormented by Ned when I really can't be bothered "... picking up the pace to a run ..."  So I thought I would embarrass myself a little further and give you some of my favourite running tracks ;o) 

Bob Sinclair - Love Generation
Creed - Higher, With Arms Wide Open, One Last Breath
Kelly Clarkson - People Like Us
Bon Jovi - Its My Life, Because We Can, Livin on a Prayer
John Parr - St Elmo's Fire
P!ink - Just Give Me a Reason, Try
Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love, I Gotta Feeling
Rhianna - Where Have you Been, Diamonds
Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait
F.U.N - We Are Young
Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
Jennifer Lopez (feat Pitbull) - Dance Again

Yeah ... that's probably enough embarrassment for one day ... :o)  See you all tomorrow for another run!




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment